Friday 10 January 2014

Day 2


Well, we made it to day 2, for the blog! Matthias decided that to liven things up a little he would be sick this morning L But fortunately no-one actually seems poorly. Anyone understand what jetlag can do to children? I was excited to go out yesterday evening, although any more than 20 minutes at minus 20 degrees centigrade in the dark would be hard work. Found a wooden spoon, which made Ray very happy. Walked to a local supermarket, which was actually better stocked than I expected.
 
Anyone else confused?
The cost of things is still confusing as I didn’t know what I was paying or what a tenge was. I did know I had enough to cover the price of a wooden spoon and some toilet cleaner – I really know how to live it up! Not feeling too trapped as the weather is so cold and the apartment is so big that it takes a while to walk from one side to another. The managers of the apartment complex did bring us some knives, some pans and a couple of bath plugs. Language was a bit of an issue, but I am glad I did Russian at GCSE, even if all I can remember is the alphabet.
 
The children each have their own highlights so far:

-Kyria found the most exciting thing to be the carousel at the airport carrying suitcases.
 
-Rebekah liked aeroplane food and visiting the shopping centre.
 
-Matthias enjoyed walking to the frozen lake and throwing snow, though too dry to make a snowball or snowman.
 
Ali

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment