Thursday 16 January 2014

Day 8

Classroom outdoors, letters in the snow.
We went to the play park and played on the swing.  I built a snow castle with a snow moat and a snow drawbridge.  When we go outside we have to wear a balaclava, snow trousers, snow boots, mittens, coat and hood. Matthias practised writing his letters in the snow!  Kyria played on the ... roundabout, swing, seesaw and two slides.

Love from Rebekah xxxxxxxxxxx

 I am most thankful for my cafetiere! Broken sleep and tired children... much the same as home really!  Even though we are only 6 hours ahead of the UK, the children have found it difficult to adjust and have been awake very late at night.  But they’ve slept later in the mornings than ever before.  We’re obviously trying to wake them to get them into a better pattern, although it’s tempting to sit with my coffee and let them sleep!  School in our new apartment is going well and it really is fun to have my children around all day ( I know many of you think I am mad!) We did indeed practice letter writing in the snow. I am however missing my other mummy friends back home for some adult chats and sanity.  I need to work at my Russian and find some friends!

                                    Ali

Just discovered a fantastic Kazakhstani version of Aero chocolate. Called воздушный for obvious reasons!

Ray


No comments:

Post a Comment