Wednesday 2 April 2014

Day 84

The good news of the week is that a new family with children have moved into our building. Two girls from the Czech Republic who speak some English & like princess dresses & babies have become a big hit amongst our children.

We have started school afresh after a week off and I'm pleased to say we're all enjoying home education most of the time. It's amazing how much we can get done in one morning, leaving our afternoons free to play, relax, exercise or just enjoy having free time for once!

Ali

A long tiring day, but actually getting things done. The last remaining obstacle is an individual who wont respond to emails, but is in charge of some important information. I am not into politics or playing games (except with my children... and the camping trips... and the role play weekends) so it is difficult to know how I should deal with this person. Of course it should be graciously. And it will be graciously. I still need to know why though. I am a scientist after all and want to know these things. But this is outside the realm of science. The human body, in spite if its complexity, cannot be totally accounted for in terms of methodological naturalism. So I find it fascinating as to what makes people tick, the reason for their actions and words. But this is also played against a time factor and I really need to get on and finish this bit.

We have been told that our accommodation concerns have been addressed and approved by the most senior person in the university. Not only that but I bumped into the Vice President of the University today who expressed her remorse at the situation of the falling piece of marble tile, expressing genuine concern for the safety of the children. I think it does help to see such emotion and it does help bridge the lower ranks to the top ranks, the foreigners to the locals. Naturally there are those that feel further away and see a greater divide and those that are closer and already knew there was no actual division. So it is a personal reflection and development along my path.


Ray

No comments:

Post a Comment