Sunday 6 April 2014

Day 88

The sun was shining, the wind not too cold. It was a good day. I am of course trying to ignore the final score for West Ham vs. Liverpool. Steve Whitington - I told you so!

A lazy start followed by trying to remember how to roller blade. Went to the Rixos hotel for brunch, which was incredible. Today the menu was Italian, apparently the best of the pick, and we were not disappointed. Every little thing that we missed about fine Italian food was there. I think for me it was the hard cheeses, which are phenomenally expensive in Astana. The meal may have been a little pricey for adults, but children under 8 go for free and they have a little children's corner. Was great to see so many families from around Astana. I did get a little distracted when one table brought cheeseburgers for their children.

Birds in the hotel lobby
Think Rebekah over did the desserts and she felt sick. Matthias has not been feeling well for a few days, so Ali took the children back to the apartment and I went onto the Radisson, guitar in hand. Had a fantastic worship session with Nathan, but I was also feeling under the weather - not food linked I should add! - so my singing voice was not great.

Feeling a bit calmer in preparation of signing the contract tomorrow morning. I feel I have done all I can to lodge my concerns, which have been duly noted and ignored. So now I try to make the right decision. Ali has spent the last few hours organising purchases on the home schooling budget. It does seem ridiculous to have about £1,000 per child (over 2 years old) to spend on books each year. But they have made the funds available, so we need to try and maximise the situation to benefit the children.

And in support of Ali's hard work, I watched Hotel Transylvannia. I honestly did buy it for the children. Only, they were all in bed. Asleep. Er, at least now I know it is not too scary for them.

Ray

No comments:

Post a Comment